Bees communicate by dancing with their legs and wings?

Welcome to the new Bill Nye Site!

By Bill Nye | Published: November 12, 2009 – 10:32 am

Dear readers,

Bill Nye

Welcome indeed to my new site. Here you’ll find all that you would want to know about my latest television projects like Stuff Happens and my latest web work, Solving for X. It’s about algebra. What could be more fun? The Science Guy® Show material is still here along with all manner of other musings, including my blog, Twitter, and Facebook postings.

There’s a media area, a place to find press information and where we can see each other next.

I’m excited to have things up and changing again. I hope you are as well.

Click On!

27 Responses to “Welcome to the new Bill Nye Site!”

1. Patti Scallan says:

Hi Bill,

I’m sure that you and your staff are super busy; but, I have two questions about a topic that you covered on an episode of Stuff Happens and I couldn’t find the answer on the Planet Green site. My family and moved to southern Mississippi from New Mexico, and have since been repeatedly assaulted by insects – primarily gnats and mosquitos. Before moving, we spent a lot of our time outdoors and would like to similarly enjoy our new surroundings. We have two ponds on our property and while I don’t want to destroy our eco-system; I do want to be able to be outside without covering my family with the toxic goo they sell in stores. I am especially desperate as my youngest child, Caitlin, who is autistic, is very sensitive to bug bites (judging by the welts she gets), absolutely freaks out when bitten, and is becoming less willing to play outside. Do you have a recipe for an insect repellent spray that we can use without poisoning ourselves? Also, which plants are best to reduce the presence of insects in the backyard? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards,

Patti Scallan

2. brooke says:

hello bill i have a science fair april 7 2010 and i have no clue what to do could you help me?

3. Erika says:

Hi i need a science project reall bad. Can you please help me?

4. Erika says:

By the way I’m a 4th grader

5. Christopher says:

Hello Bill,

Is it just me, or did you start a new series called the Eyes of Nye? I am a 5th grader, and I like your old version way better, and every single person in the class agree with me. I am a fan of your show, and I would like you to start up your old version again. Are you just experimenting with a new program? If so than I have nothing to worry about.

Sincerely: Christopher

6. KIM says:

Hi Bill,
    My silly yet very perplexing question for you is, while freezing water in an ice cube tray, the ice comes out shaped with a large peak in the middle. The tray is placed on a completely flat surface in the freezer yet still takes on a this very strange shape once frozen. I took a picture for you, if you email me, I can send you the picture. I have announced to all of my coworkers that whoever can figure this out is a genius, so you are the closest thing we can find to help us answer this very strange question.

7. Dentist says:

Hi have followed and watched Bil’s programs since I was a child. He has inspired me to take on extra credit courses in college that I’m happy to say was totally worth it! Great guy!

8. kayla says:

Hi Bill Nye,
    I have a science fair project coming up, involving the scientific mehtod, have any ideas for me??

9. Quinton says:

Bill i think your episodes are hularious i love them my favorite would the earthquakes. Your the best science guy every and personly science is my favorite subject in school

10. shanice says:

hi sup its me again whatever u should make more shows cause there the p.s i need a toothpick project dued next week i nee your help pllzzz thank u allott ciao

11. Calvin W. says:

Dear Mr. Nye,
    My name is Calvin, And we are doing a space mission project for science class. We need to fing out a good way to recycle water and air in space. can you please help me out?

12. Calvin W. says:

oops sorry I meant find

13. Brianna says:

Bill I am a fith grader and I was wondering if my invention is impossible.I call my invention the “present box”[it is a box that you just pull the top off and is portable].You pull the top off and out pops a keyboard shaped like a caculator.You type in what you want and it turns into that.Then when you are done with it, there is a button that you push and it changes it back to a present box.Contact me at Briannargist@Yahoo.com

14. Brianna says:

Bill I am a fith grader and I was wondering if my invention idea is impossible.I call my invention the “present box” [it is a box that you just pull the top off and is portable].You pull the top off and out pops a keyboard shaped like a caculator.You type in what you want and it turns into that.Then when you are done with it, there is a button that you push and it changes it back to a present box.Contact me at Briannargist@Yahoo.com

15. [...] Bill Nye teaches Chris Hardwick how to tie a bowtie. I think some sexy nerd just had an orgasm in his pants. Some excited news is that Bill Nye The Science Guy’s has new show coming soon! [...]

16. DEAR BILL MY SON WHEN HE WAS YOUNG HE WATCHED YOUR SHOW ON TV THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO THANK FOR TELLING OFF CONGRES TOO

17. aliya says:

hi
    just wanted to say that your videos make science class not boring so thank you
    and also do you have any really really good science fair topics please share :)

18. Priya says:

Hi bill, I need a science fair project ideas on plants for my 8th grade level, Could you please help me…

19. ryan says:

hi bill,i need a science project for my fourth grade science fair

20. Hello Bill,

I do not have any questions but I do have to say your videos in Bill Nye the science guy have helped me so much. By the way as a comedian you were hilarious. Any ways best of wishes. I hope we can meet some how at a science convention.

Your fan, Sebastian

21. ivey kight says:

hi bill im ivey i know im just another one of these people trying to talk but if u get this (u probably wont)plz help me think of a few ways to keep our environment safe by the way i love ur show so helpful and funny sincerely ivey

22. Curtis Rowe says:

Hi bill. You are my hero, you have inspired me to do science. I love your show and I have no idea how children don’t love it too. I miss your show on TV and such. You planted the seed of reasoning for me. Thank you. I wish I could meet you.

23. Isabella Yildiz says:

hi bill I’m Isabella I’m in fourth grade and my science fair is coming up soon so I’m asking you to see if you know any good projects that I am able to demonstrate in front of my class.

your friend,
    isabella

24. Erin says:

Dear Bill,

You make science super fun and help so much. Thanks for everything!

25. Erin says:

Dear Bill,

You make science super fun and help a lot. Thanks!

26. Erin says:

Dear Bill,

You make science class super fun and help a lot. Thanks!

27. Moises says:

hey bill
    can u help me find a perfect project for my science fair